Folkestone Hockey Club a Kent Hockey Club
Chairman’s Report – 2016 for AGM
2016-17 is our 90th Season
A look back at 2015-16
Men’s 2nd XI won promotion
Men’s Fledglings won promotion having won their league
Ladies over 35 Veterans won the National Plate final
Ladies 2nd XI won promotion
Easter Festival was superbly organised and great fun had by all
Deryl Gilham-Jones is playing as a veteran player for Wales
FOHC recently named Sports Club of the Year at the recent Shepway Sorts Trust awards held at Leas Cliff Hall – thank you to Amy Bumstead and Suzy Hill for the nominations.
More of our Juniors qualified for the Kent Development Programmes (JDC and JAC)
Club gain England Hockey “Club Mark” following hard work and review by Dave Parsons
A brilliant summer mixed league competition organised by John Hodgman
Some of my personal memories – Not all of them!!
– Vicki Baxter scoring outrageous goals with delicate flicks over the keeper
– Max Howitt frightening the life out of opposition players with his speed and skill. Watch out for this one!!
– Nicki Ball controlling the midfield with inch perfect passes to dissect defences
– Delight on Jamie Whitham’s face when he scored his first goal for the Ops
– Jason Wilkins stalwart defending with speed and accuracy
– Joy on the face of Penny Arnold after being part of the team that won the national final
– Brian Murrill’s pride when he won the award for Shepway Veteran Sports person of the Year at the recent Shepway Sports Trust Awards
Scott Minister – our Treasurer
Scott Minister has managed our accounts very professionally and provided sound advice when required. Due to his new job in London and continuing advancement he has decided to stand down as our Treasurer. We owe him a great debt of thanks for steering us through transition from the old club set up and with Freedom. We are lucky that a very qualified replacement for Scott came forward straightaway in the guise of Danny Payne who preceded Scott as Treasurer and Julie Griffin has offered to become his assistant – subject to their acceptance at the AGM.
RBJ – Our President
Robin has celebrated his 75th birthday and kindly invited everyone from the Club to share his party. He continues to support us at every level and is often seen watching the various games that take place
The Club needs every member to recruit and just as important – retain players by supporting them and sorting out any difficulties they have with attendance, payment of fees or other.
Through hard work, pestering and if needed enforcement, we have greatly improved collection of subs and match fees.
We have enthusiastic volunteer coaches and first class facilities with all training sessions provided free of charge, but we would like to see more members attending. Let your captains or Kay and Tim know how we can improve attendance.
To find out more or make a general enquiry please use the club contacts page or email using this link: General Enquiries